Brain injury is a leading cause of death and disability among young people and adults worldwide. Due to advances in emergency and critical care services, the number of people who survive a brain injury has increased in recent years. For this reason, professionals in psychology and neuropsychology must improve their knowledge of the clinical, cognitive, emotional and behavioral features that can result from different types of brain injury and how these injuries can affect the individual’s ability to resume work, social activities and familiar relationships.
Daño cerebral (Brain injury) was created with the purpose of becoming a reference book for professionals working in the field of brain injury. The first three chapters cover concepts that are the basis of any condition caused by brain injury: neuroanatomy, neurophysiology and neuroimaging.
Finally, from the fourth chapter onwards, the book reviews the most common types of brain injury, i.e. epilepsy, traumatic brain injury, stroke or cerebrovascular accident, tumors, multiple sclerosis, dementia, infectious diseases of the central nervous system and autoimmune encephalitis.
Learn how to use NeuronUP
Sign up to our free online course
Table of contents
- Introduction to neuroimaging
- Traumatic brain injury in adults
- Multiple sclerosis
- Infectious diseases of the central nervous system
- Autoimmune encephalitis
Datos del libro Daño Cerebral
- Authors: Juan Carlos Arango Lasprilla and Laiene Olabarrieta Landa
- Pages: 384.
- Printed book: $20,50
- E-book: Unlimited reading. $27
If you would like to purchase either version of the book, click on the following link: https://store.manualmoderno.com/dano-cerebral-9786074487473-9786074487541.html
If you are interested in this book, you might find the following reading recommendations interesting as well:
- Pediatric Neuropsychology Book Recommended Reading
- El País presents the Neuroscience and Psychology collection
Latest posts by NeuronUP (see all)
- On 17 June the updated website will be released!!! - June 11, 2019
- NeuronUP Contest! We will raffle off 2 tickets for the 16th NR-SIG-WFNR Conference and 15th SANP Congress - June 6, 2019
- The professor of Evolutionary Psychology and Education, Dr. Elena Perez, will give an online presentation on strategies in child neuropsychological intervention - June 4, 2019