Cognition or cognitive functions are mental processesthat allow us to receive, process and elaborate information. They allow individuals to have an active role in the processes of interaction, perception, and comprehension of the environment, which in turn enables them to navigate the world around them.
Cognitive abilities allow us to carry out any task, therefore we use them constantly to learn and remember information, integrate information regarding personal history and identity, manage information relatingto the time or moment one is living and to whereone is heading, maintain and shift attention, recognize different sounds, process different stimuli, perform calculations or represent and mentally manipulate objects.
All the activities we do require using our cognitive functions, which involves millions of neuronal connections distributed throughout the brain lobes and the activation of different brain areas to interactsafely with our environment and process the information we obtain through differentpathways.
- Processing speed
- Sustained attention
- Selective attention
- Alternating attention
- Working memory
- Decision making
- Time estimation
- Dual-task performance
- Body schema
- Spatial relations
- Spatial visualization
Cognitive disorders, as the name suggests, affect cognitive abilities. Individuals who suffer from cognitive disordersthereby have impairmentsin memory, executive function, language, praxis, gnosis, etc.
Below, we recommend different activitiesfor improving cognitive functiondepending onthe type of cognitive function or processto be rehabilitated.
Activities for improving cognitive function or cognitive abilities
This is a compilation of exercises or activities arranged by cognitive ability. Move the mouse over the image links to see what functions are trained in the different activities and have access to blogs addressing the rehabilitation of eachspecific function.
- Worksheetsto improve gnosis
- Worksheets for improving attention and memory in children and adults
- Exercises to improve attention
- Activities to improve memory
- Memory games for seniors
- Activities to improve executive functions
- Activities for improving reasoning in childrenhttps://blog.neuronup.com/en/activities-improving-reasoning-children/
- Social cognition activities
- Social skills games
- Exercises for the rehabilitation of visuospatial skills
- Exercises to improve praxis
- Exercises for improving language
- Activities for improving orientation
- Cognitive rehabilitation exercises for people with multiple sclerosis - May 30, 2020
- Alphabetical Word Order Activity - May 28, 2020
- Combine face-to-face and online cognitive rehabilitation - May 26, 2020