After more than two months of Covid-19 confinement many professionals are trying to gradually return to normal by reopening their clinics/practices. An ideal time to do it gradually by combining face-to-face and online cognitive rehabilitation.
And NeuronUP is ready to help you in this important moment. Our tool is designed to combine neurorehabilitation at your workplace with sessions at home for your patients.
Why combine face-to-face and online cognitive rehabilitation?
Telerehabilitation is here to stay. The health crisis has served as a dress rehearsal and the result has been very satisfactory for professionals and their users. From early March for parts of Europe and not too many days later in North America, many professionals used NeuronUP from their homes to continue with the rehabilitation of their patients. Neuropsychologists, occupational therapists or speech therapists found in NeuronUP the perfect tool to continue with the distanced interventions and personalized rehabilitation with their patients.
And now the time has come to open the centers and gradually recover normality and the countless benefits of face-to-face rehabilitation. But remembering that we can’t throw away the work done to implement remote rehabilitation and the advantages it has brought to both professionals and patients.
The current objective of NeuronUP is to help you come out of this crisis stronger, combining both face-to-face and online cognitive rehabilitation.
Advantages of combining face-to-face and online cognitive rehabilitation
Combining cognitive and face-to-face rehabilitation has many advantages for both you, the professional, and your users. We highlight the five main ones below:
- Reinforcing the activities worked on in the practice
- Continue the rehabilitation from the comfort of the patient’s own home at any time of day.
- Maintain therapy at a distance when the patient is sick, working out of town or on vacation.
- Avoiding travel, which is very important for people with mobility problems.
- To expand the capacity of the business by managing the rehabilitation of patients located in different parts of the world.
How can I combine face-to-face and online cognitive rehabilitation?
Any professional who uses NeuronUP will be able to carry out NeuronUP sessions with their patients at their workplace and also schedule sessions for patients to do from the comfort of their home.
Let’s take an example. A therapist works on attention activities with the patient in the clinic on Tuesdays and Thursdays and sends home a reinforcement session with these activities to be performed on the weekend.
How do the home sessions offered by NeuronUP work?
- The professional registers the patient so that they can access it from home.
- He or she plans the sessions individually so that each patient can work on the rehabilitation activities online from their own home.
- The professional schedules the sessions for each patient by assigning a range of dates.
- Patients connect to the platform and work on the cognitive stimulation exercises online from their own home.
- The professional instantly receives all the results, analyzes them and plans the next session for the center or for home.
If you found this post about face-to-face and online cognitive rehabilitation interesting, you may also be interested in this information:
- Online cognitive rehabilitation with NeuronUP: neurorehabilitation at a distance
- NeuronUP: telerehabilitation platform for professionals
- New Back to School activities on NeuronUP - September 16, 2020
- Work with NeuronUP sessions to save time - August 14, 2020
- Customized cognitive stimulation activities to increase your patients’ motivation - July 28, 2020